Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Summer Gone

Wow! I can't believe that school has already started. It seems like we just went home for the summer and now we are already back! I really enjoyed my summer break. It was so nice to kick back, relax, and not worry about anything. I know at the beginning of the summer I made a list of things I hoped to accomplish. I can't say I accomplished that many, but I tried :)

* I read all of the Twilight books and I am reading them again! Talk about addicting...all I could think about was Edward Cullen for the two weeks it took me to read them! My hubby did get tired of watching Twilight and hearing me talk about Edward Cullen, but I am super excited about New Moon. I know where I will be November 20 :)

* I was able to spend lots and lots of time with my Cole baby! He has grown and matured so much over the past 2 months. I am sad to say he lost that baby look over the summer and now looks like a little boy :( He is one cool kid...even if he is a daddy's boy! Thats ok...he's gonna realize I'm much cooler than his daddy one of these days!

* Potty training wasn't that successful, but we tried. Cole is cool with the potty until you make him wear him potty pants! He screamed the whole time he was wearing them. I really thought he was ready, but I don't want his potty experience to be traumatizing so we decided to wait a few months. But, I will say Paul and I have mastered the "potty dance" for when he does use the potty :)

* I unpacked a few boxes, but didn't accomplish my goal of cleaning out my guest room. I will admit I am lazy and cleaning was the last thing on my mind this summer. I really wish my hubby would let me hire a housekeeper...just to do the odds and end jobs I hate doing around the house.

* I dearly hoped to end the summer with the news of pregnancy. But, after two unsuccessful fertility cycles this summer, God has another plan for us. All I can do is to continue to pray and ask for guidance. I can't explain how much my heart breaks as we go through this. But, I have faith that one day we will get to experience the joy of a new baby again.

Summer was great, but now fall is here. Looking forward to football games, cool mornings, and watching my baby grow :) Hope everyone has a great school year!

1 comment:

  1. Well, seems like you enjoyed your summer! Isn't that all that really matters? Don't worry about the boxes. You should see our guest room...new baby furniture, a rocking chair I had to take out of the living room because Brady tumped it over on himself, prints that need to be framed, the desk we don't have room for anymore...I'm sure it makes yours look well organized! And just remember that God's timing is alwasy right. He knows just when it's time for another little one!

    ReplyDelete

Followers